This website contains information and resources for parents and family members of children who receive or who may be eligible for special education services within the fourteen school districts that are members of the North Coastal Consortium for Special Education (NCCSE). The information is designed to assist you in understanding and accessing special education services, and to resolve any concerns or questions you may have about those services.
If you would like to receive emails about twice a month regarding special education events and workshops, please sign-up here.
- New Parents - and parents with questions about special education-refer your child for special education services, learn more about the special education process, etc.
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards (North Coastal Consortium for Special Education, Special Education Rights of Parents and Children Under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, Part B)
- Community Advisory Committee - advisory committee for parents, educators, and community members who are involved in special education.
- Resolving Disagreements (RSS) - Assistance in resolving concerns or disagreements about your child’s special education services.
- The ABCs of IEPs: A comprehensive workshop for parents
If you are the parent of a student who receives special education services or are considering a referral to special education, don’t miss this workshop! Learn about the nuts and bolts of the IEP process from district administrators and parents, and how you can create partnerships that work for your child.
Participants are encouraged to bring a copy of their child's IEP to refer to during the workshop.
Click here for more information or to register.
- And much more!
Parents are encouraged to attend!
Meeting and special event dates for 2013-2014
- Wednesday, November 20, 2013
- Wednesday, January 20, 2014
- Wednesday, February 26, 2014
- Wednesday, March 19, 2014
- Wednesday, May 21, 2014 SPECIAL EVENT: Annual Excellence in Special Education Awards
For more information about CAC meetings, click here.
Not Able to Attend a Recent Community Advisory Committee Meeting?
Video recordings are available on line!
Click here to view the information and presentations.
Each Saturday morning workshop will focus on a specific topic of interest to parents and family members of children with disabilities.
- Saturday, October 5, 2013
- Saturday, November 2, 2013
- Saturday, February 8, 2014
- Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Saturday, April 12, 2014
For more information and to register, click here.
Did you know that workshops are not just for educators? We encourage parents to register and attend these helpful workshops year-round. Check the Professional Development Opportunities page for more information and to register online or see info on how to register.
Can't find what you're looking for?