On behalf of the North Coastal Consortium of Special Education (NCCSE) Community Advisory Committee and its Transition Services Taskforce
A huge “Thank You”!
For helping make this year’s event such a success.
Each year, NCCSE’s Community Advisory Committee (CAC), in partnership with its Transition Taskforce, hosts an Adult Transition Fair in which students with disabilities and their families hear directly from the agencies who will be supporting them as they transition to adulthood.
This year’s event was a wonderful success! Over 130 students and their families came seeking information and left, more informed, connected and inspired by the possibilities that may lay ahead.
To our community agencies who gave of their time, and our community businesses who donated food and refreshments, we cannot thank you enough for your generosity and commitment to supporting our students and our communities.
2022-2023 Participating Community Agencies and Vendors
- Access, Inc.
- Access To Independence
- Advanced Options/Independent Options
- Avid Behavioral Day Program
- Beacons, Inc
- California Conservation Corps
- Community Interface Services
- Department Of Rehabilitation
- D’vine Path
- Education To Career Network
- Exceptional Family Resource Center
- Goodwill Industries of San Diego
- Job Options Joi: “Real Jobs for Capable People.”
- Miracosta College: Adult and Continuing Education
- Miracosta College: Student Accessibility Services
- Miracosta College: Technology Career Institute
- Open Arms Vocational Services
- Palomar College Disability Resource Center
- Pride Industries
- San Diego Regional Center
- State Council On Developmental Disabilities
- Vantage Point
- Wayfinders At Cal. State Uni. Fresno
- Costco Business Center - San Marcos
- Jimbo's - Escondido
- Starbucks - Knoll Road, San Marcos
Transition to Adulthood Event | April 22, 2023
Adult support, employment, and educational options are available to students after they exit high school or adult transition programs. Whether a student is working towards a diploma or a certificate of completion, this live in-person event will feature transition information from which ALL students may benefit.
Saturday, April 22, 2023
9:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Registration recommended but not required at http://sdcoe.k12oms.org/884-231360
In person, North County Regional Education Center, 255 Pico Ave., San Marcos, CA
Check In: 9:00 - 9:30 a.m.
Guest Speakers: 9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Walk About: 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
For information about transition topics, contact the Transition Services Taskforce (contact below). For any other parent/family related questions, contact Heidi Marshall, NCCSE Parent Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-307-1509.
Transition Services Taskforce
Founded in 2013, by five of the consortiums north county Workability I coordinators, the initial and continuing purpose of the Transition Services Taskforce is to promote collaboration among the following:
- San Diego Regional Center
- The Department of Rehabilitation
- Transition agencies and services
- School District staff (administrators, teachers, related services)
- Families (including students)
The benefits of this collaboration are evidenced by increased stakeholder awareness of post-secondary options for transition aged youth, increased development of CIE placements and, when appropriate, early placement of students in supported employment opportunities.